More detective work
I obviously need to get a life, (or maybe buy a TV!) because when I received a newsletter from Triathlon 220 saying that Lucy Gossage had won The Gauntlet at Cholmondeley Castle Triathlon, I checked Mary Sage’s Strava account to see if there was a QOM on the course…There was, and it corresponds with Lucy Gossage’s time.
So my evidence collected so far is;
- Mary Sage had a bike time the same as the winner of Ironman Wales 2013.
- Mary Sage was previously called “have a banana”
- Mary Sage had a run time the same as the winner of The Guantlet
- Mary Sage had a run time the same as the winner of Outlaw Half
- I had hits on my site from Australia from someone searching “Mary Sage Triathlon” on the day before the race, and also every day after for 3 days.
I finally solved the mystery. The odd one out here is Outlaw Half, so I checked out the bike course from Outlaw. Mary Sage was QOM on the Outlaw full bike leg last year. I looked up the results and Lucy Gossage had competed the bike leg as part of a relay team, I also checked Outlaw half results and found that the same team had competed, she must have done the run leg, and the time corresponded with the team. So there we are, my detective work complete! Mary Sage is Lucy Gossage (there is even a sage in both their names!) I have requested to follow, but received no response so far, not surprising!
Devon was off school this week with a cold, so I had to reschedule my swim for early on Wednesday, I don’t know what is worse about having ill kids
- Being kept up all night having to change sheets, listening to the coughing, and turfing them out of your bed.
- The fact that you have to stay at home with them all day, and miss out on training.
- Or the sense of impending doom that you might be next to come down with “the lurgy”
Time trial PB
I did the Neyland Time trial on Wednesday this week and had a PB on that course 26.11, my previous was 26.22, so I was very pleased with that, especially as my legs felt terrible in the warm up, you never can tell. I didn’t have my power meter, unfortunately, as I missed the courier so no numbers for me to crunch But I now have my new crank so will be able to make up for it, hopefully the power drop outs will have gone, but I have just researched that it could actually be the Garmin that is the problem, Technology eh?